Monday, June 04, 2007

June already?


Life has been busy lately...thus the lack of posts to our blog. I have been working on all things world changers. I will be taking our youth group to Sioux City, IA on Friday and will be roofing, fencing, or painting all next week. Rachael is bummed because she is in the middle of a summer internship and isn't able to take the time off to go with us. She will get to hold down the fort in SLC. She has been working with some community patients and has plenty of stories of some strange people and their crazy antics.


I have also been working on the World Changers project that is going to be in SLC from July 14 to the 21. I have had to drive all over SLC getting things ready and we are still more than a month out. I am scared to think what the week of the project will look like. I am also working on bringing our local churches together to work on this massive project. We have committed to 29 projects in South Salt Lake and Salt Lake City. 14 of those 29 projects are new roofs. Our youth are also raising money to benefit these families during the holidays...they will be buying thanksgiving dinner for them with the money they are raising now. I couldn't be more proud of them.


Things on the church front have been moving slow for my taste but they are progressing. We still don't have a Sr. Pastor but for now that is a good thing. Our church is dreaming again and that is amazing. My overall feeling is that the church is ready for some changes and we are moving forward to make those changes in the way we minister to our members and our community. I have been frustrated, excited, mad, let down, encouraged, and supported...it kinda sounds like life huh? As we discover who God wants us to be as a church I can't help but press on. I have a good feeling about this...more posts about this soon. I am also our church's new webmaster and have used a great website sofware called snapshot to create our new site. Check it out at www.hbcutah.org. It is still a building process but at least we have current information posted.
Check my next post for some of Kevin King's Wedding photos.


No comments: