Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tunes/Albums


When asked if I have a favorite band, I usually reply that the question is too difficult to answer as I listen to a wide variety of music. My favorite albums to listen to are the albums that you can just push play and listen to the entire album. The two albums pictured on this post are of that variety. If I am looking for something to listen to, I usually go back to one of these two bands. Copeland's vocal work and ingenious incorporation of a orchestral instruments, including a basson and dulcimer, and on several tracks lend an eerie feel. The albums ends abruptly and leaves you wanting more of the same...the way a good album should.

While I'm not a huge fan of the cover art for Lovedrug's album, the music more than makes up for the creepy cabbage patch vibe. The first thing I noticed about Lovedrug is their guitar work. Lovedrug give's its nod to some classic rock riffs but keeps it original while adding some very interesting vocal harmonies to the mix.

The best part about these two albums/bands is that they are now touring together and will be stopping in Salt Lake City. It is a rarity that two of my most listened two bands come to town, let alone together. I am very much looking forward to the show. I might even post about it.

Also listening to:
mewithoutyou
Band of Horses (thanks to Lawrence for suggesting these guys)
Ben Harper
Ben Folds
The New Frontiers


1 comment:

chad said...

agreed. lovedrug's art is way lame. see you monday!