Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A tale of domination...

During a recent trip to Texas (YEEHAAW) Rachael and I were finally able to settle the argument of who is the better Go-Cart Driver. The picture didn't turn out as good as I had hoped but you will note that it is Sean in 1st...Rachael in a submissive 2nd..and Doug in a very sad looking 3rd.

This debate has raged between Rachael and I since our very first date. I took her to Nascart in SLC and had to convince her to put on a hair net and a helmet in order to race. This would have been fine but apparently she had spent a great deal of time on her hair....something I should have taken note of as we headed into marriage. Needless to say that as the very interested Sean I let Rachael totally dominate me on the race track...how else was I to get a second date? Truth be told I tried as hard as I could to win but she was the better driver that day.

As we continued dating I decided that I couldn't take the thought that my potential bride would always have go-cart bragging rights. As most of you men know, there have been wars started for less. I decided that a re-match was the way to go. We got to the track and prepared for our version of Go-Cart World War II. The race began and from the get go it looked as if Rachael would claim the victory. She ended up passing me and almost lapped me. So what did I do? I did what Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Dale Earndhart Jr., or Richard Petty would have done. I put her into the wall. As I've learned from Days of Thunder..."Rubbin's Racin!" I ended up finishing the race under caution and claiming victory from the jaws of defeat.

That brings us to Go-Cart World War III, or as I have come to call it "Total Domination". We agreed that this race would be the race to rule them all. I put on my game face and prepared for the race of all races. Rachael and I started neck and neck but she was able to pull ahead and had the race set up. She picked her lines well and I was not able to pass her. Until...a wreck at turn #1. We were all required to stop so that the race technicians/lackeys could straighten out a rather large wreck. When the green flag was waved I got the better start and ended up in front. I was able to hold her off as I narrowly avoided another as Rachael headed right for it. The checkered flag went to me and I proudly took my place in the winners circle.

So as the picture above notes...don't mess with me and a go-cart or you might just end up in the wall. Dominate!

2 comments:

Brandy and Daisy said...

I have a really great picture of it, I will send it to you when I get home! I still think that Rach..is up 2-1 you have a serious asterick on the second race!:)

jake and erin said...

In my opinion women should always be prepared to wear head covering in case the Word is spoken...