Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Tired

Sorry there hasn't been a post in a while. Things have been pretty crazy in the Patrick house as of late. Here is what has been going on.

1.) Rachael and I started school again. I really want to choke that 19 year old me who thought that college was not for him. No matter. Classes are going good. I am learning Arabic and should, by the end of the semester, be able to speak, read, and write in a new language. I think this will help me in Seminary when I am taking Greek and Hebrew. I could also be horribly wrong.

2.) Rachael and I got to see DMB last week. If you know me at all you know that I am a huge Dave fan. I have seen DMB 8 times now live and they get better every time. Here is the set list...cause I'm a geek.
Pantala Naga Pampa
Rapunzel
Proudest Monkey
Satellite
Big Eyed Fish
Bartender
Everyday
The Idea Of You (a new song)
Louisiana Bayou
Shotgun (another new one)
Crash Into Me
Hunger For The Great Light
Loving Wings
You Might Die Trying (Robert Randolph on steel guitar)
Two Step (Robert Randolph on steel guitar...the best version I've ever heard!)

3.)My Dad and Teresa have decided to get married...on Saturday! This means that I will get to see Brandy here in Utah tomorrow as we get ready. If I can find my camera I will post pictures of our adventures this weekend.

4.) Our church is going through a "revival/reconciliation" month. Please be in prayer for this as it will shape where we head in the future. I'll go into more detail as it comes available. Last Sunday Pastor Rodger called us to suit up for war, because it is going to be a battle.

5.) I have signed on as the "coach" of our Men's softball team for the fall league. I am currently 0-2 as a coach. Hopefully we'll get our first win on this upcoming Monday.

6.) World Changers www.worldchangers.studentz.com has approved a project in SLC for 2007. I have been appointed as the Association Coordinator for the event. I will be working with our local churches to make sure that the 300+ volunteers have lunch everyday and training to be a project coordinator for 2008. As I learn more of what this means I'll keep you posted.

Currently listening to:
The Fray
Project 86 - And the rest will follow... (this one rocks hard!)
Ben Harper - Both Sides Of The Gun
Dave Matthews Band
Charlie Hall - Flying Into Daybreak
Leeland

next post: The crazy wedding weekend

No comments: