Wednesday, September 27, 2006

September in a nutshell...

The month of September is nearing an end. Since I don't blog very often, this is my attempt at summing it up.

Church - Our month of reconciliation has been amazing...but...we're not out of the woods yet. Please continue to pray for our church as we continue to heal and get back to where God wants us to be. Last week we participated in the Lord's Supper and had a time of celebration. We will continue to be in one service until at least Christmas.

Home - Rachael and I are immersed in school. I am learning more about the Arabic language, Math, and Communications while Rachael is learning all the facets of a great Occupational Therapist. She is working really hard and I know that she will be great at it.

Family - (multiple points)
1.) My dad got married in September. Because of this event I got to see Brandy in SLC. It was good to see her and we had a lot of fun while she was here. I have become something of a wedding singer as my dad asked me to sing a Garth Brooks song at the ceremony. After I sang, several people asked me if I wrote the song and how it was a really 'nice' song. I also got to see my Grandma, Uncle Phil and Aunt Mary Alice. It was good to see them for at least a few hours as they drove back to Grand Junction right after the reception.

2.) Speaking of weddings....Mike and Crystal got engaged! God had his hand on this one! They will be getting married in November. They have asked me to sing at their wedding. I'm going to start charging after this one!

3.) My mom is going a little crazy. Have you ever seen the 'festivus' episode of Seinfeld? My mom has created a new holiday called TexGiving. This 'holiday' will traditionally be held in July and will incorporate poem reading, decorating a tree, and traveling to Texas. It sounds weird huh? The funny thing is that I am behind the event because it gives Rachael and I a chance to visit my mom without the added stress of the actual holidays. If you would like to join us for the miracle of TexGiving...the more the merrier! This means you Jake and Erin! Something tells me that Jake would have a great poem or story to read in celebration of this new holiday. All I can say is keep July open!

Music - The Fray, Chris Tomlin, RED, Skillet, Project 86, Leeland, Charlie Hall, David Crowder, Mat Kearney, Underoath, and the RELEVANT podcast have all been in frequent rotation on my iPod.

Movies/TV - The last movie that we saw in theaters was Talledega Nights: The ballad of Ricky Bobby. Sportscenter, Mythbusters, CSI: Miami, Grey's Anatomy, and Miami Ink have been the most watched shows.

Football - The Broncos D has looked great in the first three weeks but the Offense has left something to be desired. Plummer has looked horrible until last week against the Patriots, and our running game isn't stellar. They have, in my opinion, all the tools to make it to and win the Super Bowl. They just need to figure it out. The loss against the Rams gives my bro-in-law Zach bragging rights as he is a big fan.

My camera has gone AWOL. We have been looking for it but haven't found it. It has been missing for quite some time now. If we find it we'll post some pictures...otherwise we'll just have to go buy a new camera.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Count me in for TexGiving....it sounds like a glorious holiday!!!