Friday, May 22, 2009

enjoying new media



They say the first step to addiction is admitting that you have a problem. I'll admit it, I'm addicted. I'm addicted to books and music and I can't get enough of either of them. For a while I enjoyed itunes but now Amazonmp3.com is my favorite place to get new music. If you are interested in books and haven't been to alibris.com you are missing out. With all this music and reading going on I thought I would take some time to share what I've been listening to and what I've been reading since I gained my freedom from school.

Music:
1.) Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago - great chill album...one of those albums that you can just push play to.
2.) Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs - Cath has to be one of the greatest Death Cab songs ever
3.) Fiction Family - Switchfoot and Nickel Creek combine for some awesomeness
4.) Mewithoutyou - It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream! It's Alright - an acquired taste but I love this new album
5.) The New Frontiers - One of the best albums to come from a band who broke up right after releasing it. This album is great...another just push play.

Books:
1.) The Road - Cormac McCarthy - currently reading this one...
2.) Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck - short but an amazing story of friendship and determination
3.) No Country for Old Men - Cormac McCarthy - the movie follows this pretty closely and it won best picture...no kidding.
4.) A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini - A story of redemption and the history of Afghanistan
5.) The Pilgrim's Progress - John Bunyan - The second most printed book behind only the Bible. Very interesting...a bit of a tough read but well worth it.

1 comment:

chad said...

i so share your addiction! bon iver is playing one of the free gallivan center shows this summer so make sure you're there for that.

in addition to my usual mccarthy obsession (made worse by your alibris hook up), richard price and kurt vonnegut are making their usual rounds in my book list.