Friday, May 29, 2009

family update...

Now that I am out of school, you can see that I have been enjoying/feeding my media addiction with movies, music, and books (especially books that aren't assigned.) I realized that there hasn't really been a family update for a while so I thought I would take some time to update our few readers as to what has been happening with the Utah dwelling Patricks.

Ministry: Our ministry has blossomed over the past year and we (Rachael and I) have been doing more and more together as a ministry team. We have the opportunity to go to Kenya at the end of July and are still praying that God provides the funds and the means to be His hands and feet to people who need to experience the love of God in tangible ways. We will be going to do medical clinics and youth/sports learning camps...I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it. Please pray for us as we face this amazing opportunity. Things in worship ministry are very different than youth ministry but I know that I am in the right place as God reaffirms my decision daily. We will continue to lift Christ up and Christ will draw all men to himself.

Life: In January, during a ski-day, I had a crash that ended up tearing my ACL in my right knee. It was originally diagnosed as a sprain/possible meniscus tear, but when the weather got warm and I was ready to play tennis and softball, my knee wouldn't let me. I had my knee looked at again and found that I in fact had a torn ACL and it required surgery. I had the surgery two weeks ago and am now recovering and participating in Physical Therapy to get my knee back to 100%. Rachael has been amazing during this time both in helping me with therapy and taking care of me while I was unable to get around. I'm on injured reserve for 4-6 months but am committed to getting it healed.

Wife: Rachael is doing awesome and is loving her OT job. She sees people as they are coming to grips that their life will never be the same, some may never walk again, and some may not be the same people as an accident left them with a brain injury. Rachael offers a bit of hope in showing people how they can function after these life-changing events. For every bad story I hear, she has 4 good ones of how someone is moving their hand again, or is realizing that there is more to life. I'm very proud of her!

Pics:

No comments: