Monday, June 08, 2009

a moment that I will never get back...



Here is an interesting moment

This weekend Rachael and I met up with her brother Jordan and his wife Holly to play Bocci at Murray Park. After dominating them with my bocci prowess, we decided that we had done enough to reward ourselves with ice cream. We headed to Iceberg, ordered our treats and proceeded to people watch.

I've noticed that Salt Lake City is getting a little bit of culture, strange culture, but culture none the less. During our time at the iceberg, we observed a man wearing a cargo skirt/kilt, another man who decided that waiting in line at iceberg was the perfect time to do calf raises and stretches, but there was one person that took the cake.

My attention was directed across the street to a rather large woman wearing a dingy white sports bra for a top, blue jeans of which there was significant amount of, I believe the term is "muffin top". Her jeans were tucked into shin high brown sueded, tasseled boots and the woman was walking with all sorts of swagger.

Right at the moment I chuckled to myself out loud and the other three in my group had done the same, a 10 year old red-head walked by us and said "Yeah, that's my mom." Our laughter turned immediately to panic as we contemplated our next move. We decided to run away. That's right, I took my ice cream treat and got into my car to avoid the painful stare of a ten year old whose mother I had just chuckled at.

While I've told this story to several friends and have been confirmed that they most likely would have done the same thing, I still can't get over the fact that I ran from a ten year old and that is a moment that I will never get back...

No comments: