Monday, December 18, 2006

Traditions

Christmas time is a time of traditions. Every year there is something that you have to do or it just doesn't seem like Christmas. My idea of Christmas has been changed quite a bit over the years but it is still fun to look back and see what used to be Christmas to me. Here are a few of my favorite Christmas traditions.

1.) The Christmas Eve Candlelight service. This still is one of my favorite traditions.

2.) Every year my sister and I got to open one gift on Christmas Eve.

3.) When we (my sister and I) were little and were still avid believers in Santa, my parents had a heck of a time getting us to go to bed on Christmas Eve. After we had opened our gifts my mom snuck out of the room with a Santa hat. She snuck outside and shook the hat by the window that we were sitting next to. My dad told us that it was one of Santa's elves and if we didn't hurry off to bed, Santa would skip over our house. I don't think we ever went to bed that quickly ever again.

4.) When the movie Home Alone came out on video it became a tradition to watch it on Christmas Eve.

We kept that going for a few years and then Home Alone 2 came out. We ended up watching that one for a few more years. This is one tradition I was glad to see die.

5.) Breakfast Burritos for breakfast on Christmas day.

6.) Steak, Baked Potato, and Caesar Salad for Christmas Dinner.

7.) Christmas Parties with friends and family.

Rachael and I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. From our family to yours a Happy New Year as well!

1 comment:

mb said...

awe, come on! home alone is an awesome movie!!!

anyway, have a great christmas and new year guys!