Monday, June 05, 2006

Denver Part 1 - Meeting Barrel Man



Hey everyone....

Rachael and I just got back from Denver! I'll have a ton more pictures soon but I wanted to share this with you guys. If you are a Denver Broncos fan you know how cool this picture really is.

We found out about a the Fan Fair at Invesco while we were there. There were a ton of players and coaches that were there including John Lynch, Willie Middlebrooks, Dwayne Carswell, and Rod Smith. We got to Invesco/Mile High Stadium right as it opened and quickly found ourselves with lines waiting to get autographs from the players. We didn't wait in the lines but instead played blackout bingo lead by two new Broncos. The prize was two tickets to a regular season game. I was so close (only two squares away) but so far away when someone called out bingo and won the tickets....but it was fun anyway.

That leads me to the picture. For those of you who don't know...Barrel Man is the most hardcore Broncos fan ever. The guy wears just a barrel to games (even in the cold) and has become a staple at Mile High. The Broncos give this guy free season tickets and have fashioned a bobble head in his likeness. How cool is that?

I will soon post part 2 of our Denver adventure. Including our experience at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science....pictures to come!

1 comment:

jake and erin said...

I love you Sean..... I feel like I am there with you in the picture of the barrel man... if we go to a game... we should wear barrels!

Why were you in Denver anyway?