Monday, June 26, 2006

To the moon and back....


Kudos to those who know why I used the title for this blog. If you don't check out the children's book "Guess How Much I Love You" by Sam McBratney and illustrated by Anita Jeram

Rachael and I were married on June 26, 2004. Today we are celebrating our 2nd anniversary! I am so blessed to have Rachael and I can't imagine what my life would be like without her. She embodies Prov 31:10-31. She is so supportive of my ministry and is often times working with the youth right alongside me. We've laughed, cried, and dreamed together, and all I can do is simply thank God for her.

For Rachael,

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where
I love you straightforwardly without complexities or pride so I love you because I know no other way than this:
Where I does not exist, nor you
So close that your hand on my chest is my hand
So close that your eyes close as I fall asleep

3 comments:

Brandy and Daisy said...

Aww! How Sweet! Happy Anniversary you two! Hopefully the planets will align and we will be able to chat soon! I love you both!

Brand

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary....wow how time flies. I love ya'll! We need to hang out soon!!

CCR said...

I bear my testimony that as a live observer of this union when it actually took place lo those many ... months ago, the love was genuine & unmistakable.

I also testify that many of us in the back uttered quietly among ourselves something along the lines of, "What is she thinking?"

IsaythesethingsinthenameofJesusChristAmen.