Wednesday, June 14, 2006

gone to the dark side...

So I have to admit something...

I have never really liked soccer. I have heard Chad and Jake talk about it like it is the greatest thing in the world but I just couldn't get into it. All the low scoring and ties. It just seemed to slow moving for me to get into it.

until...

World Cup 2006 hit huge! Even though the U.S. got spanked in their opening match, it has been a blast watching the games that I have seen. I actually wanted/got to sit down and watch the first half of Brazil vs. Croatia and I was into it. Soccer has the great ability to get you involved because you don't know if each play is going to work or be stopped by some great feat of athleticism. So here it is....I'm hooked. No longer the ignorant american, my hat is off to you, soccer/futbol. I guess you are #1 sport in the world for a reason. Just call me darth. American Football is still my #1 sport but I think there could be room to start watching/playing another.

4 comments:

jake and erin said...

Blessed are you Sean, for man did not reveal this to you.... but God in His own timing has revealed Himself in his most full revelation... the World Cup.

Go USA

rodger said...

Sean and Jake and Chad, you all must remember, that even Satan masquerades as an angel of light. You must test the spirit of every revelation and not be taken in by the spirit of the world. (cup)

CCR said...

The US team would surely have won their opening match if only there had been anyone among them w/ the name-above-all-names on his jersey ... ELWAY.

Thus your hypocrisy is revealed. You care not for the futbol of Jake, you're just bored & delirious during the long drought of the NFL offseason, & the Worldcup happens to be on TV. Tell me I'm wrong.

jake and erin said...

Elway.... blessings of peace be upon his name.